What you need to know about the state of travel advisories
The state of state travel advisions are back in the spotlight after the state’s travel advisory committee was forced to abandon a plan to send out the notices in September.
The advisory was to be issued to people travelling to the US from New Zealand, Australia and South Africa and included a link to a list of countries with a “high risk” for terrorist attacks.
However, the Federal Government decided to cancel the plan, which was expected to reach out to more than 5 million people, saying that the information would be better suited for travel advice by a wider range of people.
What you should know about state travel advisory measures: Read more The travel advisory was also set to go out to people from all over the world including from the US, Canada, New Zealand and the UK.
It was due to be rolled out to all airlines on October 1, but the Government has now cancelled the scheme, citing “significant costs”.
“It is disappointing that the State Government did not have the foresight to realise the economic costs associated with the rollout of the state travel warning system,” Federal Minister for Tourism, Tourism and Community Engagement, Grant Robertson, said in a statement.
“It was time to step away from this ambitious and costly initiative, and instead focus on providing clear, practical and actionable advice for people travelling internationally.”
Mr Robertson said the decision to cancel “furthers the Government’s commitment to improving the state safety and security for Australians travelling overseas”.
“The State Government has already made some great progress in ensuring that our public transport system remains safe and reliable,” he said.
Mr Roberts said the Federal government was also working to “modernise” the system to improve its accuracy. “
As the Government reviews the system, it will be prudent to consider the full range of information available from various sources.”
Mr Roberts said the Federal government was also working to “modernise” the system to improve its accuracy.
The Federal Government has also announced that it is cancelling its previous plan to issue travel advisaries to people coming from the Middle East and Africa, and the United States.
The US travel advisory system was designed to reach the “most vulnerable” travellers and had been widely criticised.
It had already faced criticism from the Federal Opposition and the Federal Parliament when it was first announced in October.
The travel advice system is due to go into effect in November.